What is my inspiration?
The following guest post was written by Brandi Young, SYF’s Vice President of Advancement.
The luck of the draw? I don’t think so.
At the beginning of the year, each SYF staff member drew a month out of the hat and that was their assigned month to guest write for the SYF blog. I drew October.
Several of my colleagues knew October is a full month for me with several campaigns: The Masquerade, field events, our conference, grand openings….well the list goes on. So they offered to save me from one more thing to add to my month and trade me for their month assignment. I declined the kind offers, knowing there is no other month that I should be assigned. Now 19 days late (sorry Jay), I put my scattered thoughts and notes together.
When I began this assignment, I began a journal of thoughts, moments and pictures. This journal represents my inspirations through the last several months. But my true professional inspiration culminates in October. No other month represents not only the work I do throughout the year but it is the snap shot in time that I am so humbled by the equity that others invest in the work of Simon Youth Foundation.
My short list of inspiration:
- A picture of my 2 greatest accomplishments who I want to make proud each day
- A post it
- A picture of a mom of a dear lost friend with our Greg Saunders Legacy Scholarship recipients
- Grad cap clings adorned throughout Simon Tower
- A growing measurement device and realizing it wasn’t big enough
- My team, who stands tall every day to represent SYF and our students to their best of their ability
- The talents each SYF staff member and their decision to leverage those talents to support SYF
- October 1
- Wishing Wells
- SYF’s partners and seeing them all come to celebrate SYF’s accomplishments
- Hope and excitement in the eyes of our students
- Honoring our administrators and teachers in the work that they do – I am in awe of them
Thank you to everyone: Khloe, Sophie, Wes, Simon Employees, Academy teachers and administrators, SYF colleagues, Simon Malls, The Mills and Premium Outlets, and last but not least, Academy students. I stand and choose to be a sponsor of inspiration, hope, confidence and success in my work because of you.