In honor of SYF’s 20th Anniversary, here are 20 ways that you can celebrate with SYF between now and May 2020! This list is designed to commemorate this important milestone while looking forward to SYF’s 25th Anniversary in 2023 and the conclusion of SYF’s Strategic Plan. SYF looks forward to you engaging in one – or all! – of these activities during our 20th anniversary year. Help us celebrate in a variety of ways as we prepare to celebrate our 20,000th graduate this year!
20 Ways to Celebrate SYF’s 20th Anniversary!
1. Attend an SYF Graduation Ceremony. Show your support for SYF’s graduates by attending your local Simon Youth Academy Graduation ceremony. Visit syf.org/graduations to find a ceremony near you.
2. Pledge Your Birthday to helping students reach graduation day. Visit syf.org/FacebookFundraiser to create a Facebook fundraiser benefiting SYF in honor of your birthday during our anniversary.
3. Wear orange on the 20th day of every month. Don your favorite SYF logo apparel or anything orange. Share your photo on social media, tagging SYF and using the hashtag #SYFmeansGraduation to help raise awareness of SYF’s mission.
4. Share your SYF pride on social media! You can help others learn about SYF’s work in the community by adding SYF’s profile frame to your social media accounts. Visit com/profilepicframes and search “Simon Youth Foundation” Then choose our profile frame and click “use as profile picture” during our anniversary.
5. Reminisce about graduation with SYF’s Spotify playlist. We crowd-sourced SYF supporters’ favorite songs that remind them of the moment they walked across the graduation stage. Visit http://bit.ly/syfgradplaylist to listen now.
6. Make a difference with 20 deeds. Volunteer at a food bank. Become a donor. Treat someone to their favorite frothy drink. Do 20 good deeds in our 20th year in honor of SYF’s 20th, and share your story with us on social media! Use the hashtags #SYFmeansGraduation and #20gooddeeds in your posts.
7. Join us as we surprise our 20,000th Stay up-to-date with SYF to know when and where we will celebrate SYF’s 20,000th graduate! Sign up at syf.org/contact.
8. Share your graduation photo. Use the hashtags #SYFmeansGraduation and #gradthrowback and tag SYF with your graduation photo for a chance to be featured on our social media pages.
9. Celebrate SYF’s 20th and The Indiana Fever’s 20th The Indiana Fever is also celebrating its 20th Anniversary! Attend a Fever game to show your support for one of the nation’s best WNBA teams.
10. Run (or walk!) for SYF. Become an Everyday Hero and pledge your support (and miles!) to SYF the next time you participate in a run or walk – maybe try out the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
11. Celebrate your 20s. Whether you’re a teacher in your 20th year, a Simon employee with 20 years of service, or celebrating another 20th milestone of your own, share it with SYF on social media so we can celebrate our 20s together! Use the hashtags #SYFmeansGraduation and #20yearmilestones.
12. Register for Kroger Community Rewards. When you select SYF as your preferred Community Rewards recipient and swipe your Kroger PLUS card, SYF will receive 3-5% of your bill each time you shop! To learn how to register your card, visit: syf.org/krogerrewards.
13. Share an SYF blog post on social media. Help raise awareness for SYF’s mission by sharing your favorite blog post. Use the hashtag #SYFmeansGraduation and tag SYF. Visit syf.org/blog.
SYF Donors can also…
14. Become a 20th Anniversary Student Sponsor. Make a monthly gift of $20 or more to sponsor a Simon Youth Academy student. SYF students face some of the greatest obstacles in our society – chronic illness, poverty, homelessness, trauma, anxiety and more. Give hope to these students by becoming a monthly donor. Visit syf.org/donate to sponsor a student today.
15. Hire an Alum. SYF has helped more than 19,000 students reach graduation day. Support members of the SYF Alumni Network by sharing job opportunities or becoming a mentor. Email Kate Miller at email@example.com to learn more.
16. Introduce SYF to 20 friends, family members and colleagues. Forward an email from SYF to 20 friends or colleagues to share why you are a donor. Host a get-together – virtual or in-person! – to share why you support SYF’s mission to help students reach graduation day. Every introduction helps SYF build a network of champions for our work!
17. Join SYF’s “Homecoming ” In November 2019, SYF’s Annual Educator Conference will unite more than 100 Simon Youth Academy teachers, administrators and district partners from across the country for fellowship and robust professional development. Sponsor a session to reach this influential audience as a member SYF’s “Homecoming Court.” Contact Brandi Young at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about available sponsorship opportunities.
18. Donate your Giftcard balance. A little goes a long way. Join Simon Supports Education and help SYF open opportunities for thousands of students by donating the balance on any Simon Giftcard. Visit syf.org/donateyourbalance.
SYF Academy Leaders and Students can also…
19. Share Your Dreams. Tell SYF where you’ll be in 20 years in 20 words or 2 minutes or less! Record a selfie video on your phone and share it to social media. Be sure to tag SYF – you may be featured in an upcoming campaign! Tag SYF and use the hashtag #20yeardreams to submit your entry.
20. Enter Peace in the Streets Video Contest. SYF students can submit a video for Peace in the Streets global film festival. If selected as a winner, the student may be eligible for an additional SYF scholarship to pursue a career in filmmaking! A longtime partner of SYF also celebrating its 20th Anniversary, Peace in the Streets empowers young people to share their ideas and voices in their quest for a better world. Visit psgff.org to learn more.